Raw Organic Jerusalem Artichoke Powder
Beyond its prebiotic properties, Jerusalem artichokea are rich with iron, potassium, and vitamin C. Jerusalem artichokes are also a great source of thiamine (B1) and pantothenic acid (B5), a very good source of niacin (B3), and a good source of pyridoxine (B6) and riboflavin (B2). Our body makes better use of all natural ingredients, so we must make sure to stay well nourished!
An exceptional functional food, Jerusalem artichoke powder is made from certified organic raw Jerusalem artichokes, with no added ingredients, no chemical processing.
Having a nice sweet taste and being gel forming, our raw powder can be used both as a sweetener or thickening agent. Make your day healthier by adding it to yogurt, smoothies, and juices for sweetener, stir it into your gravy, or bake it into your bread.
Our all natural Jerusalem artichoke powder is the perfect alternative to the chemically extracted product. Raw, organic, local there is no better option on the market.
With applications ranging from baked goods to infant formula, Jerusalem artichoke powder is amazingly versatile. Here are some possible uses:
- Jerusalem artichoke powder is a perfect all natural addition to yogurts and ice cream. Noma, voted the best restaurant in the world for 2011, serves Jerusalem artichoke ice cream.
- Jerusalem artichoke powder has been shown to bake bread faster and adds wonders to the texture of baked goods.
- The sweet taste can make a great sugar replacement in a wide range of products.
- The powder’s thickening properties can be applied as a fat substitute in meat products, sauces, etc.
- Jerusalem artichoke powder is a perfect all natural addition to any health drink or soy and rice milk too!
- Everyone loves nutritional and health bars, and they will love them even more with our powder!
- And let us not forget how Jerusalem artichoke powder brings out the perfect flavour in chocolate.
- Inulin’s weight loss properties make Jerusalem artichoke powder the perfect addition in any weight loss products.
- Inulin is a soluble fibre, of which is lacking in the diets of most North Americans, our Jerusalem artichoke powder contains 65% inulin!
- Due to its prebiotic benefits inulin has been highly recommended for use in infant formulas.
Be sure to contact us today!
Bakeryandsnacks.com. 2010. Inulin could speed Up baking times for Bread, study. [Online] Available at: http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Formulation/Inulin-could-speed-up-baking-time-for-breads-study. [Accessed 23 December 2011].
Food and Nutrition Information & Facts. 2012. Raw Jerusalem-artichokes Nutritional Information. [Online] Available at: http://www.thirdage.com/nc/f-11226/raw-jerusalem-artichokes. [Accessed 20 January 2012].
NPR. 2012. Artisanal And Authentic, The Flavors Of The New Year. [Online] Available at: http://www.npr.org/2012/01/01/144442022/artisanal-and-authentic-the-flavors-of-the-new-year. [Accessed 04 January 2012].
Veereman, V., 2007. Pediatric Applications of Inulin and Oligofructose. Journal of Nutrition, [Online]. 137 no. 11, 2585S - 2589S. Available at: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2585S.full [Accessed 15 December 2011].