Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
Jerusalem artichoke powder is perfect for cutting down on the sugar used in baked goods, adding to the health properties, and also giving a nicer texture to the final product. Try replacing 1/3 or 1/2 of the sugar content with jerusalem artichoke powder in your favourite baked sweets.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Raw Jerusalem Artichoke Powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
Combine the flour, Jerusalem Artichoke Powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix the yogurt, egg, and oil then add to the flour mixture. Stir until moist. Stir in the chocolate, cranberries and orange peel.
Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from pan and let cool. Serve warm.Go back to Recipes